Friday 28 March 2008

Why Can’t I Sleep?


Why is that one night I’ll have the best sleep ever, wake up refreshed and ready to take on the world and then the next night while performing the same before-bedtime rituals I have the worst sleep ever? The other night I had this problem…I couldn’t sleep. I did everything right, I read a bit until my eyes got heavy then turned out the lights and settled for the night. Little did I know that I wasn’t going to sleep until hours later…..every sound around me became enhanced – the rain hitting my window, my boyfriend’s breathing….I just couldn’t drown these noises out. Music didn’t help either (which usually is my source of comfort), album after album finished bringing me closer to the morning. I was becoming more and more frustrated. I ‘woke’ up the next day feeling awful – eyes swollen, in a daze and worst of all grumpy!!

What am I doing wrong? How can I tackle nights like this?

Help me

No comments: