Wednesday 12 December 2007

Play With Your Food!

I’ve been meaning to post this for a while now but for some reason I always forget when it comes down to it…weird. It’s better late than never right?

London has a fabulous fast food chain called Pret A Manger (Ready to eat) aka Pret to the locals. It was started in 1986 by two friends who met in university whilst studying property law (see anything is possible if you put your mind to it!). In 2001 33% of the private shares (non-controlling) were sold to McDonalds (I can assure you it’s nothing like McDonalds – all the sandwiches and salads are made daily and prepared in the shops with the finest and freshest ingredients). .Anyway, another aspect of this chain that I really enjoy is (of course) its advertising. They use food to create images – faces, objects…take a look, you’ll see what I mean:

Below is the Christmas poster in all the shops…how cute are the little cherry tomatoes singing…fa, la, la, la…

See it’s the little things that make me happy!

No comments: